Windy City BMW Club is a chapter of BMW Car Club of America. Windy City BMW club is one of the largest and most active chapters in the country. As such, members have access to a diverse array of benefits and activities throughout the calendar year.
Meet people who share the same interest through picnics, car shows, driving events and more! Want to take your pride and joy to the next level? Come out and autocross or learn safe handling and accident avoidance techniques in our car control clinic. How about a day or weekend at a local track with one of our top level instructors? Need a tool, check out our tool box rental; it’s free and the tools always come with helpful hints. It’s all right here for you at the Windy City BMW Chapter.
Our events include, but are not limited to:
• Autocross – six events each year, one of which is held at the Tire Rack’s testing facility, plus an autocross school for novices.
• High Performance Driving Events – at locations such as The Autobahn in Joliet, Gingerman Raceway in South Haven Michigan, and Grattan in Belding Michigan!
• Car Control Clinics – for teens and adults, for beginners and more experienced drivers. Let’s slide that car sideways and then safely regain control.
• Membership Meetings – with fun activities like go-karting or presentations on various aspects of BMW ownership.
• Charity Events – Spend the day talking about Bimmers with fellow members while helping our local community.
• The Annual Picnic – Come and meet the other club members in a relaxed atmosphere at a beautiful location with food, competitions, car shows, prizes and more!
• Tours – a scenic drive through picturesque areas of Midwest roadways. A treasure hunt along the way keeps the young (or young at heart) engrossed in the trip the whole weekend!
• Annual Awards Dinner – The club’s end of year event; a time to hand out the year’s awards, crown the autocross champs, reminisce over the past year, and look forward to the next.
As a member, you will receive the National Magazine “Roundel” and our chapter monthly newsletter, the Windy City BMW Breeze, packed with information on all these events.