- This event has passed.
2022 Invade TriState Autocross 4
Sun, September 4 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm| $50 – $65
Windy City BMW Club returns to Route 66 in Joliet to invade Tri-State Sports Car Council on Sunday, September 4 for the fourth autocross of the season.
Registration is $50 for the day (price goes up to $60 two days before each event). Please note that if you are not an SCCA member, you will need to also purchase a weekend membership for $15 (for a grand total of $65 for early registration). This weekend membership fee can also be applied to offset the purchase of a full SCCA membership at a later date.
If you have not run a TSSCC event before and are unfamiliar with how they operate, there are a few notable differences between our club:
1. As all of last year’s attendees can tell you, show up early because Route 66 is a HUGE venue, and it takes a while to walk the course. Please note that they do not provide a course map, so multiple course walks are strongly advised.
2. There is an actual tech inspection of competition vehicles. You will need to have your vehicle fully prepped, cleaned out, numbers on, and helmet ready for inspection before going to grid. You cannot compete if your car has not passed tech inspection!
3. There will likely be two “herringbone” grids, one for each run group. You will need to line up in the appropriate spot (your run group will be provided the day of the event). Dual driver cars go to the front of these grids.
4. You are able to choose your work position when you register for the event. Please do not choose a specialized work position (including corner captains) unless you have worked a specialized position with Chicago Region SCCA or TSSCC event before. We do not want to be a hindrance to our event hosts and their operations, so sign up as a cone shagger. Yes, this stinks, but if enough people register, you only work ONCE!
5. Our BMW classes have been imported to their registration system. You will need to scroll to the bottom of the class listing to find them.
If you haven’t done an autocross at Route 66 before, you are in for a treat. If you have any specific questions regarding the event, please contact us at email@example.com.